Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By fearing to attempt.
-William Shakespeare: Measure for Measure
1. Tackle the desire part: You gotta wanna.
What is needed to achieve true and everlasting weight loss – is a strong desire.
2. Do Sweat the Small Stuff.
Every white starch and sugar carb you put into your mouth counts. You wear what you eat. Take a good, long look in the mirror. Like what you see?? If not, Commit To Get Fit and begin to change it right now.
3. Get your family and friends in the game.
Leave the dishes and take them on an after dinner walk. Walk at lunch with a coworker or by yourself to renew and refresh yourself for the rest of the afternoon at work.
4. Take a good, long look at the state of your current health and fitness situation.
Get on that scale for the real picture. Weigh every day. Use that number you see every morning as a motivator, NOT as a defeat.
5. Develop the daily habit.
Whether it be walking, biking, weighing, low carb eating, meditation – whatever – you have to develop the daily habit and do it all on a consistent basis.
6. Get rid of all your excuses, obstacles, cons, BS, etc.
If you have aches and pains – get to the bottom of them. Take care of what ails you with your doctor or other health care provider and get on with your daily cardio – and your life. There are NO excuses. Period. None. Obesity is entirely preventable.
7. Don’t forget the importance of goal setting and the key steps for creating a game plan to finish out your year stronger than you ever thought possible.